I hardly ever share recipes here, but these are way above average… GREAT!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups diced 1/2 inch pieces of butternut squash
- 1 tsp. each: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, sage & cayenne for heat
- 1 large can green chili enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups left over shredded turkey or uncooked ground turkey
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
Saute squash in oil for a few minutes then add ground (if uncooked) turkey. Cook until browned, then add spices and 3/4 cup of green chili sauce and milk. Cook until sauce is much thicker and ready to be put inside enchiladas. Put 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13 X 9 inch cake pan. Roll enchiladas with cheese and sauce. Cover dish with the rest of the enchilada sauce and cheese and bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
ENJOY with sour cream and avocado on top!